Saturday, September 11, 2010

Diary of a fresher: First week of school.

First days of school are always exciting and fun and highly anticipated.

However, except for the highly anticipated part, my first day of university was nothing like my previous 'first days'. I felt tiny and out of place in this new world. I cannot forget to mention that I got lost more than twice and felt really bad.

I was more than happy to return to my dorm room and re think my strategy for the next day. I made a conscious effort to look up all my classes on the visual tour online and boy did that help. Should have done it from the beginning!

On a happier note, I really enjoyed my first day of Writing for Journalism. I can tell the class will be a lot of hard work but also fun, especially since it only has 20 people compared to my other classes. More about that later.

The class was basically a meet and greet and I found out I was the only Bajan in my class..W.O.W. Nonetheless, it will be a good semester.

Now back to my other classes. Those foundation classes are HUGE!. I could not believe it when more than 200 students strolled into the lecture theatre for English. What a culture shock I received!

I was accustomed to classes of 20 or 25 the most back in Barbados. However like everything else at university, it will take a while to get accustomed to. The rest of the week went by pretty quickly and all in a blur.

Thankfully it is over and I got a feel of the university. I spent the weekend rebooting and I am now ready for the second week. It will be tough but God will see me through. I am now on a quest to be the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment